SUN PROTECTION IN WINTER
La Roche Posay’s Anthelios offers ultimate shield against sun damage Bengaluru, November 10th, 2016 - Just as winter steps in, we tend to believe that our skin is safe from the harmful ultraviolet rays. However, don’t get misled by dropping temperatures. The sun's harmful rays are just as strong and damaging despite what the weatherman says. Even though UVB radiation reduces during winter, long UVA rays are still in full force. UVA forms the majority of UV light and contributes to skin ageing, hyperpigmentation and the development of skin cancer as it penetrates deeper into the skin.
It has a consistent intensity throughout the day, all year round and can penetrate through cloud and glass. Therefore, even during winter, sun protection should be practiced as cloud does not stop the penetration of UVA light. While UVA causes premature wrinkles, pigmentation disorders, sunspots, immediate darkening of the pre-formed melanin, UVB rays are a cause of sunburns and tanning A broad-spectrum sunscreen (UVA + UVB) therefore is a must for protecting the skin from not only cancer and allergies but also ageing and pigmentation. Another very important factor causing havoc on our skin is Pollution. While we all are aware about the depleting ozone layer caused by pollution, few are aware of its effect on skin health.
Depleting ozone layer leads to increased sun exposure which causes collagen breakdown in the skin and increased free radical particles to exist in the atmosphere. These free radical particles injure and damage your skin cells, which in turn leads to sensitization and premature ageing. Thus, it becomes extremely crucial to wear a sunscreen all-round the year. La Roche-Posay’s Anthelios range, derived from the Greek “anti- helios” (against the sun) combine dermatologically proven UVA-UVB and long UVA rays protection which together are responsible for 80% of the signs of premature ageing. These UV filters are enriched with the natural soothing and antioxidant properties of La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water to offer sensitive and sun-allergic skins respite from the powerful rays of sun exposure. Anthelios specially formulated textures suit all skin types and skin concerns and is recommended by dermatologists worldwide.
The efficacy and tolerance of Anthelios have been demonstrated over the years through 24 in vivo clinical trials carried out on over 700 subjects with photo-induced pathologies. The patented Mexoryl SX filte offers a highly effective broad spectrum. photo stable UVA protective filter has made Anthelios a pioneer in skin care with over 30 years of photo expertise.
The Anthelios range from La Roche- Posay has four product categories: The Anthelios range provides a very high UVA/UVB/Infrared protection because of its patented filters – Mexoryl® SX and XL. The range has been tested under dermatological control and is fragrance free, paraben free and is non-comedogenic. The range is non-sticky and is water-resistant. The range is ideal for sensitive skin or skin prone to sun intolerance commonly known as sun allergies. It also prevents skin from sun induced pigment spots.
1. Anthelios XL - SPF 50+ Dry Touch Gel Cream Anti-Shine (Face) The dry touch texture with anti-shine action assures immediate absorption and gives an ultra-dry finish. It is ideal for combination to oily skin.
2. Anthelios XL - SPF 50+ Extreme Body Fluid (Body) Anthelios Extreme Body Fluid is an ultra-light fluid that gives very high UVA/UVB protection. It is ideal for combination to dry skin. It has 100% non-sticky texture and is water resistant.
3. Anthelios XL - SPF 50+ Fluid Ultra-Light (Face) Anthelios Fluid Ultra-Light offers very high, broad, photostable UVA/UVB protection. Its non- greasy texture gives an invisible finish.
4. Anthelios XL -SPF 50+ Spray (Body) Offers very high, broad, photostable UVA/UVB protection. The product is ideal for whole body.
5. Anthelios Dermo Pediatrics SPF 50+ lotion (Body) Offers photo protection to kids and babies. Provides very high protection from indirect exposure to sun and is specially formulated for delicate or atopic-prone baby skin. Price: · Anthelios XL - SPF 50+ Dry Touch Gel Cream Anti-Shine (Face): Rs. 1500/- · Anthelios XL - SPF 50+ Extreme Body Fluid (Body): Rs. 2,300/- · Anthelios XL - SPF 50+ Fluid Ultra-Light (Face): Rs. 1,450/- · Anthelios XL -SPF 50+ Spray (Body): Rs. 2,300/- · Anthelios Dermo Pediatrics SPF 50+ lotion (Body): Rs 1450/- Availability: ·
At select pharmacies in all major cities, on Amazon.in, Flipkart.com, Nykaa.com etc. · Orders can also be placed online with no delivery charges. · To place orders or to locate the nearest La Roche-Posay store log on to: http://www.laroche-posay.co.in/ · CAD (consumer advisory department) number – 022-67003333 About La Roche-Posay La Roche-Posay is a brand built for and alongside dermatologists to offer adjunctive therapy from pathological to very sensitive skin. From the very outset, the brand has focused on sensitive skin, thanks to its formulas containing therapeutic thermal spring water. To date, La Roche-Posay products have been tested on over 415,000 patients from at best sensitive to at worst pathological skin.
Today, empowered by these studies carried out in accordance with pharmaceutical industry standards, the La Roche-Posay team includes over 25,000 prescriptive dermatologists around the world. La Roche-Posay develops cosmetic products, true adjunctive therapies that restore skin's integrity day after day, promoting compliance, providing relief and improving quality of life. La Roche-Posay is built on 3 key foundations viz. Purity, Efficacy and Safety. At the heart of the brand, is a unique thermal spring water used in each skincare product produced by the brand.